|Title:||Accounting Specialist-Construction - Full Time (Temp to Perm)|
|Location:||Fort Worth, Texas|
|Salary Range:||$18.00 hourly|
The client is seeking an organized, detail-oriented Accounting Specialist to analyze information, maintain complete and accurate records, assist with routine accounting duties, and provide prompt, courteous responses to inquiries from clients, vendors, and other business partners. The candidate should also be a skilled researcher and possess strong communication and computer skills. Must have a can-do, positive attitude.
Accounting Specialist Job Responsibilities:
- Work with accounts payable, accounts receivable, and payroll.
- Performs bank reconciliation tasks
- Process incoming payments by check, credit card, and EFT.
- Receive, process, and reconcile statements.
- Prepare monthly financial statements.
- Generate and review monthly reports.
- Assist with preparation for annual audits.
- Prepare and distribute annual IRS forms.
- Ensure compliance with internal accounting procedures.
- Maintain accurate records, including ledgers, journals, receipts, and invoices.
- Perform administrative and other tasks as needed.
Accounting Specialist Qualifications/Skills:
- Strong computer skills required
- Understanding of GAAP accounting principles
- Strong knowledge of QuickBooks, Microsoft Excel
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy in entering financial data
- Outstanding math and research skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Proficiency with 10-key typing and data entry
- Deadline-driven with excellent time management ability
Education and Experience Requirements:
- 1-3 years of general accounting experience
- 1-3 years of experience working with payroll, accounts receivable, and accounts payable
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field preferred
- Strong Knowledge of QuickBooks required
Knowledge and Skills Assessments required for consideration of the position
The above job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.